Any ecommerce business would agree how challenging order fulfillment and shipping can be, particularly on a big scale. Storing the goods, physically preparing & packaging them, and dispatching the same – this is just the tip of an iceberg! Then there goes managing returns and refunds. The whole process can be extremely cumbersome and you get less time to focus on your selling practices. Fortunately, Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) has you covered! Know what is Amazon FBA and how to utilize it to grow your online business.
What is Amazon FBA?
Fulfillment By Amazon, popularly known as Amazon FBA, is a service that the store provides to its sellers – covering storage, packaging, and shipping assistance. It allows third-party sellers to outsource their order fulfillment and shipping. When a customer places an order, sellers send the products to the fulfillment centers where a dedicated team will pick, prepare, pack, and dispatch the order to the customer’s address. The store also processes returns, initiates refunds, and provides customer service for such orders.
What are the Benefits of Amazon FBA?
Sellers enjoy a wide range of benefits when they sign up for Fulfillment by Amazon. These include:
- Leverage the Brand ‘Amazon’: When orders placed for third-party sellers are fulfilled by Amazon, it often indicates a quality guarantee. It is the largest online marketplace today and having its name associated with your products can help build trust. Customers can expect expedited delivery and excellent customer service with FBA. Therefore, it is important to know what is Amazon FBA and sign up for the same to establish your brand as a seller.
- Free Shipping: With Amazon product listing on FBA, you can provide shipping benefits, driving more customer satisfaction. All Prime members get free 2-day shipping, while all other customers can enjoy free shipping on eligible orders. If your FBA listing qualifies, it will be shown with the Prime logo. This indicates to customers that the store handles packing, shipping, customer service, and returns for the order.
- Utilize Amazon’s Dedicated Customer Service & Returns: The online marketplace provides prompt and reliable customer service for all inquiries, returns, and refunds for FBA orders. FBA customer support is available 24/7 via email or phone. And this service comes free of cost for FBA sellers, except for the returns processing fee applicable to specific product categories. It also manages customer service related to returns and refunds of FBA orders.
- Scale Your Business Quickly: Wondering what is Amazon FBA and why should you use it for your eCommerce business? It helps scale your business as it grows. The fulfillment centers are designed to meet varying inventory needs, while there is no restriction on the minimum number of products sellers should hold with them. There are different types of FBA packages that Amazon provides, along with attractive discounts and free shipping on eligible orders. This enables your business to grow without having to invest in staffing or resources to manage your orders.
- It is Cost Effective: The fees that Amazon charges to fulfill your orders or storage space are negligible as compared to the investment you need to make for storing, preparing, packing, and shipping the goods yourself. Check out the FBA storage and fulfillment fees here.
How does Amazon FBA Works?
Now that you know what is Amazon FBA, let’s understand how it works:
1. Set Up FBA
To begin with Fulfillment by Amazon, you need to have an Amazon selling account. To start selling on Amazon, you must have a seller account. Amazon provides complete details on how to create a seller account. Once you create an account, log in to Amazon Seller Center and set up FBA.
2. Add Your Products
Which products you can sell on Amazon will depend on the brand, product type, and category. Check different categories and conditions applicable, and then create a product listing. Once you add the products, mention FBA inventory.
3. Prepare & Ship the Products to an Amazon Fulfillment Center
Follow Amazon’s packing guidelines and shipping & routing requirements to prepare the products and dispatch them securely to the fulfillment center.
There are several benefits of Amazon FBA for an eCommerce business. It brings more flexibility, convenience, and cost-effectiveness to the order fulfillment and shipping process. To thoroughly understand what is Amazon FBA and how to leverage it for your business, get expert advice from a professional ecommerce marketing company.
Need Expert Help for Your Online Business?
AryoZone is an international company specialized in offering dependable and result-oriented SEO services, Online Marketing Solutions, Ecommerce Solutions, and Social Media Marketing solutions. With our in-house experts holding Ph.D. in their concerned areas from renowned universities in the USA, we help our clients take their online business to a whole new level.
Our SEO package includes services ranging from Google Analytics, Google Map & Citation Management, On-Page, and Off-page optimization, Backlink Building, Ghostwriting, and more. Give your website a whole new identity with our custom web development solutions. Promote your business on the right platform with our Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn Marketing, along with several other social media marketing solutions. We also cover the needs of the e-commerce sector from end to end with our specialized ecommerce solutions.
Have any queries or questions related to our service? Mail them to us today at email@example.com. Our experts will reach back to you within a minimal time. Giving your online business the boost that it always required is now one phone call away. Reach us via WhatsApp or Call Us at +15713767847. Remain posted about the latest news in the world of online marketing and never miss another update from Aryozone by connecting through our social media handles.